21 October 2010

BTT - Foreign


Name a book (or books) from a country other than your own that you love. Or aren't there any?



Wow...where do I begin? There are so many.

I come from Indonesia but I only have 1 favorite Indonesian writer. Other than him, I love authors from other countries.

I'll try to write only my most favorite ones.

1. Green Mile; The Shining; Cell; Shawshanks Redemption and Rita Hayworth; etc by my number one author, Stephen King. SK is from US.

3. One Piece by the greatest mangaka Eiichiro Oda, from Japan

2. Battle Royale by Koushun Takami, also from Japan.

3. The Square Persimmon by Takashi Atoda. The best short story collection I've ever read. It's from Japan.

4. The Lord of The Rings; The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien, from England.

I don't want to write too many books, these 4 is enough for now.

You can read my review of those books in my "Books I have Read"

How bout you? is there any great books from other country?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good list! I'd love to read Battle Royale, I've had it on my to be read list for quite some time.

And you're the first person I have come across who has ever mentioned Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption! So many people I know don't even realise the movie was adapted from a story which is such a shame, it's so well written.

Novroz said...

You really should start reading it :) It's awesome.

Yeah I know, some people go blank when I mentioned about the book...it goes the same way with Battle Royale, the movie is very famous in my country and no one knows that it comes from a novel