26 January 2011

W.W.W Wednesday



To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
It's fun to be back to WWW Wednesday :)

• What are you currently reading?
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, this will be part of my Haruki Murakami Reading Challenge...which I didn't consider as challenge at all because I love Murakami's books

• What did you recently finish reading?

I have just finished the third novella in Different Seasons, The Body. Different Seasons has 4 novellas and I am reading each novellas in its own time. The other Novellas I have read were Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption and Apt Pupil.

• What do you think you’ll read next?

I will read a book called Shelter, it is an unpublished book (yet) by a blogger friend of mine named Nicholas Jobe.

Here's the highlight of the book:
a blood-soaked girl shows up at a police station requesting to speak with a specific detective—who doesn’t even know who she is—and he must figure out what happened to her and her family. They were supposedly trapped in an old bomb shelter by a demon, but was it really supernatural forces, or was it something more logical hiding behind the curtain?

4 comments:

Jackie said...

"The Shawshank Redemption" is one of our favorite movies, as yet still have not read the actual written version...
Your friends book sounds like it is going to be a chilling read, interested to know what you think about it when you finish Novroz...

My WWW/WoW post this week if you have time to check it out...

Anonymous said...

I keep on meaning to read a Haruki Murakami book, any Haruki Murakami book - since I've heard such good things about him. Let us know how this one goes.

Here's my WWW Wednesdays contribution!

Novroz said...

@Jackie The book is great...the writing style is still SK's style but the story is not like most of his book. The movie delivers it well.
I have read Nick's summary and was amazed by it, that's why I asked him to mail me his book. The book is still in the 1st draft.

@RandomizeMe You should Try it one day...his books are different than most authors, you can end up liking it or hating it.
I will review it once I finished it.

Thank you both for visiting :)

Anonymous said...

Your friend's book sounds like it could be pretty good.

I have never read any Haruki Marakami, but have heard of the author. I will have to look up the books and see what they are about.

What is strange is though I really like the genre, I can only think of one Stephen King novel that I've read.